Thursday, September 13, 2007
1) Something has come loose in my laptop's screen, causing the picture to occasionally go spastic like a kaleidoscope on acid. Luckily, I'm still under warranty.
2) I have a sinus infection. The right side of my head is considerably heavier and drippier than the left side. Fun!
3) A recent lightning storm apparently fried my alarm clock. I have two clocks on my nightstand, one normal one with giant numbers so my myopic self can see the time from two feet away, and one with a built-in light that starts to brighten 15 minutes before the alarm goes off, then if the proper button isn't pushed it goes dark abruptly 15 minutes after the alarm. (The sudden darkness has led to many bizarre dreams over the years, as my multiply-snoozed dream-self had to deal with power outages and other unexpected loss of lights.) It's the cool light clock that died, and now that it's dark at 6 a.m., I really miss it. It wasn't always effective, but about 3/4 of the time I did actually wake up gradually and was ready to get up when the alarm went off. I found an extra fancy version here but I don't want a Mayan temple on my nightstand, and the aroma thing just makes me laugh too much. I suppose I should just get a timer and a lamp.
4) The White Stripes cancelled their entire tour. I'm really unhappy about this; the Chicago show was going to be one of the highlights of my year! However, they cited Meg's health problems so complaining about missing a show sounds shabby and uncaring. Over on the WS messageboard, avid fans are trying to out-do each other with their get well wishes and concern for Meg's health, and anyone who even mentions being upset that there will be no show gets thoroughly trounced. But I can say it here: I'm MAD!
5) My new favorite thing: Flight of the Conchords. I watch this clip over and over and can't stop giggling:
Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros
"There ain't no party like my nana's tea party, hey, ho..."
Also, this: Frodo, Don't Wear the Ring"